I’ve worked hard in order to make myself at home in my new room. Leaving the house I grew up in to live with my mother at my aunt’s home was a big step for me. But my mom’s helped me make this cubby as much my room as I can. Sure, it’s about a third the size of my old room, but it’s Yellow Ochre and I can’t ask for much more than that.
So let’s break this down shall we??
- This is my desk!!! WEE! My room has one TINY window (and if you know me, you know how much I love natural light…), and no way to install a ceiling light, so I had to string Christmas lights around the entire room to get a halfway decent light source.
- I put ticket stubs/playbills/postcards from all the cool things I’ve done in front of me so I keep motivated to be successful.
- Some postcards I got in Paris. Love me my french art. And Mucha. LOVE Mucha.
- I’ve got lots of little trinkets!! Gandalf, Batman, The Coon, Mysterion, and Mr. Slave. On the shelf below that is my Catwoman Shrine (That Adam Hughes statue took me forever to get… sometimes I touch her butt). Then small gifts from friends, and finally right below that, Batfamily pint glasses!
- I work on a 13” Macbook (which is falling apart) and a Medium Wacom Intuos5 (which fell apart and cost me a butt-ton to fix… Spent solely on shipping it to Washington…Thanks a lot Wacom..) And I use Adobe Photoshop CS5!
- This night I had Bob’s Burgers on (I LOVE BOB’S) but I almost always have some animated show or another on. Archer, Batman Beyond (just watched all three seasons, and now I’m sad), Justice League Unlimited, OR most importantly: South Park (I won’t tell you how many times I’ve watched all 15 seasons..) I love watching Netflix while I work, because I have tinnitus so having a constant noise source makes it easier to ignore the ringing that I hear 24/7. I also have a picture of my little man… he used to keep me company while I worked.. I miss him.